Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting to know the EXCO: President and Vice-President

Getting to know the EXCO: President and Vice-President



IRENE to JESSICA:

My first impression of Ke Xuan, was that she seemed like a little girl. Frankly, I didn't think much of her beyond that petite small girl. I think the first time we really talked, was after we were appointed our duties. That is when, I started to think of her beyond her physical frame. She doesn't have the serious demeanour, but she is organised, on-task, committed and responsible.


We have been working so closely together over the past 6 months, and we have spent many hours in discussion over decisions to be made. To be frank, I don't know how I'd manage without her. Many times, we are hard-pressed for time, or we are simply stressed because of the setbacks and problems we face with work. It helps that both of us are committed to this. There are moments in time, when I feel really alone in doing all the work, then I'd text her, and she'd definitely be ready to share the load. I guess, that's what makes her really special to me.


I like it too, that we're taking the same subject combination. I practically see her for every lecture. We practically have the same breaks too, and that facilitates all the meet-ups for discussions. All those little things may seem insignificant, but it actually helps.


The most memorable time I had with her should be the times when we'd remind each other to EAT, SLEEP and REST. It sounds really silly, but both of us are guilty of sacrificing sleep to complete our work on hand. There was this week, where both of us had terribly red eyes as a result of the lack of rest.


Message to Ke Xuan:

hey love, thanks for everything. Just being around, listening to my rants and working through the nights together. It really isn't easy to go through all these. But I'm glad I have you as a companion. Of course, it is not like we have not been rejected or failed before in the process of executing events, but I think as a whole, we have not fared too badly. Next year's going to be an exciting year for us, and the whole club. It would be challenging too, to materialise all our (huge) plans within the next 6 months. But regardless of whatever we are going to face, you're not alone in this, because we'll always have each other. (: *hugs* Let's go out together for a day, without talking about work! =D






JESSICA to IRENE:
My first impression on Irene was that she was one with a sense of direction in life and knows what she wants. I was taken aback by her strong-willed character but at the same time admired her for it. When she gave her speech during the Executive Committee elections, I believed and know that she was capable to accomplish what she said.


Working with Irene had been an enjoyable and eye-opening one. Enjoyable because of the friendship we built up, because of the many impossible things that we have accomplished, because of how efficient and brilliant we can sometimes be. (: Contrary to popular beliefs in MJ, the 15 Executive Committee members put in such a large amount of effort and does so much planning work that we find ourselves lost sometimes. (I do!) In times like this, I always feel fortunate to have her, because she is always there, as a friend and as a working partner.

It was an eye opening because working with her taught me A LOT of things. How to get organized, how deadlines are to be met to ensure all things are in place and a lot more. I swear that my efficiency level have doubled after working with her cause she is always so on task. (:


If you to ask me what her Irene’s weaknesses are, I would say that she is sometimes a little too work driven. To the point that I feel obliged to constantly remind her to rest, sleep, get some time off to enjoy herself cause it is a weekend or a holiday. However, it is this very weakness of her that we get things done real fast and why we are always on schedule.


Every moment spent working and talking or just fooling around with her was a memorable one. I have definitely gained more than a working partner(:


Message to Irene:
RYN! Thank you for all that you have done and put in for S-Lc and thank you for always being there(: Still the usual, must rest and take your time off to enjoy yourself okay. Christmas’s coming, enjoy and feel the holiday season! Don’t overwhelm yourself with work okay? You are capable of huge things in time to come, I know that as a fact(: So, let us work hard towards our goal. We will go through this together! All the best for everything and may our friendship be an everlasting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment